At Congress 2024, 25-27 January at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole, it’s not just 3 days of the best non-clinical lecture content, social events and an innovative exhibition. We also have interactive workshops throughout Thursday and Friday – all available as part of your delegate ticket price!
Book before 31 October to take advantage of our early bird prices!
Delegates will be given the opportunity to book onto the workshops nearer the event – there are limited spaces, so don’t miss out!
Bullying and incivility in veterinary care affects morale, retention, and ultimately patient outcomes. Debbie, VetNetics will enable you to set behavioural expectations and help keep you on track and responsible for attitudes and behaviours,
Understand what is meant by a ‘jigsaw practice’ and hear first-hand how a jigsaw practice can operate and the benefits it has to offer with Silvia and Sarah from Flexee.
Fiona,VetPartners will delve into the key skills and structures required to work smarter through effective delegation. This session will ask to you to search within to identify your personal blockers, to enable you provide more successful leadership and the development of others. Therefore, working smarter not harder!
The workshop given by Adam, GLCM, will demonstrate key coaching techniques for managers and team-leaders. It will explain how to assess individuals as potential leaders, set goals and mutually monitor progress.
The wellbeing of every member of the veterinary care team matters if we want to thrive and flourish in practice – that means you too! Join Tracey and Mark to discover the 6 priority areas for wellbeing in veterinary practice, and find out about the mental health support resources available to support your team.
Olivia, Tshidi and Issa from Affinity Futures will host an engaging and interactive workshop where participants will explore the vital topic of addressing discrimination and fostering inclusivity in the veterinary workplace.
Then join Brian, Colourful CPD and Richard, Vet-CT as they explore the cause and impact of inefficiencies within the two main veterinary practice situations: consultations and in-patient procedures. Sign up for their workshop to help develop strategies to resolve these inefficiencies to enable a successful, thriving practice life.
For full details of these workshops and the rest of Congress programme click here.
Workshops on Thursday 25 January:
- Improving Practice Culture? Be more VIKING!: Creating your teams “Rules to Live By”– Debbie Robinson, VetNetics
- Flexible Working: Learnings from jigsaw practices – Silvia Janska, Flexee & Sarah Armstrong
- Smarter Delegation – Fiona Nichol, VetPartners
- Coaching Techniques for Higher Performing Teams – Adam Rough, GLCM
Workshops on Friday 26th January:
- Wellbeing Means Business – Tracey Morley Jewkes & Mark Johnston, Vets in Mind Alliance
- Equity in Action: Understanding Discrimination and “Difficult” Employees in the Veterinary Workplace – Olivia Anderson, Tshidi Gardener, Issa Robson, Affinity Futures Team
- Improving Productivity: Resolving your practice inefficiencies – Brian Faulkner, Colourful CPD & Richard Artingstall, Vet-CT & team members