Here at SPVS Congress we believe in doing what we can to change the way we live and work to create a better, more sustainable future for us all. This includes incorporating positive sustainable initiatives throughout Congress.
The SPVS Congress team will be:
- Recycling name badge holders and lanyards so they can be used year-on-year
- Cutting down paper usage:
- email confirmation rather than physical tickets
- offering full programme details as a digital download from website
- supplying CPD certificates electronically
- utilising the venue’s digital signage where possible
- Ensuring that any necessary printing is on sustainably sourced paper
- Using venues with suitable public transport links
- Supporting the local economy by promoting accommodation in local hotels. Wherever possible we have recommended hotels within walking distance of the hotel.
Hilton Birmingham Metropole also see the importance of decreasing their environmental impact. Click here for more information on their environmental policy, which includes:
- LED lighting throughout the hotel
- Sustainable packaging used for Room Service & Gild to Go
- Digital Key or wooden access keys for guests who prefer
- No single use plastic used within hotel
- Separate wastage system for recycling
- Cycle to work scheme
- Energy efficient boiler
- Relationship with local school in the area to plant trees, herbs and
other sustainable initiatives
- Room serviced on departure unless stated otherwise
Exhibitors & Sponsors
We are speaking to all to our fantastic sponsors and exhibitors to see what they can do, encouraging them to provide digital content rather than printed and discouraging single-use plastic free gifts.
For example, as well as switching to recycled paper for printed items wherever possible, Elanco, our platinum sponsor, will be producing seeded leaflets for SPVS Congress 24 which can be buried once finished with and amazingly blossom into new plants.
How can you help?
And for you, the delegates, we ask that you bring a reusable water bottle and coffee cup, and wherever possible lift share or use public transport.