Would you like the opportunity to receive a complimentary place at the SPVS Congress, 26-28 January 2023 at Hilton Birmingham Metropole? Read on to find out how you can join us a Room Monitor at this unmissable event in the veterinary calendar.
What is it?
Highlights for SPVS Congress 2023 include:
- 4 streams of non-clinical lectures and workshops covering topics such as leadership skills, self-development, management and team dynamics
- The opportunity to meet and network with people across the veterinary industry
- A focussed exhibition with plenty of space to relax whilst meeting a wide range of companies with advice on management, relevant products and business development
How you could be involved
We’re giving four veterinary students the opportunity to join us as Room Monitors at the event. As a Room Monitor, you will be allocated one of our lecture streams. You would then oversee the following:
- Meeting and greeting chairs and speakers
- Overseeing audience get in, checking name badges and assisting late arrivals
- Recording the number of attendees for each session
- Encouraging the audience out as quickly as possible once sessions finish so that you can start to fill for the next
- Assisting any sponsors with laying out handouts on chairs
- Tidying the room between workshops
Once each session has commenced, you’re able to take a seat and enjoy the lectures. This is a great opportunity to listen to some stimulating and pioneering content from speakers within the veterinary profession and beyond.
You would be required to do this for the entire lecture programme (11:30am-5:00pm on Thursday 26 January and 9:30am-5:00pm on Friday 27 January, with breaks in the exhibition for coffee and lunch). We would also request your assistance with delegate registration at the beginning of Congress on the Thursday morning, assistance with our ‘Race Night’ networking event and help with our workshops on the morning of Saturday 28 January. At all other times, you would be free to take advantage of one of the many highlights detailed above.
In return, each Room Monitor will receive a full congress pass that includes complimentary refreshments, lunch, Friday evening happy hour in the exhibition and a ticket to our black-tie President’s Party on the Friday night. You will also be provided with twin room bed and breakfast accommodation at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole for Thursday 26 and Friday 27 January
You would need to be able to make your own way to the venue for early morning of Thursday 26 January, but it is easily accessible by car or public transport.
To be in with a chance of this opportunity, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December 2022 with the following information:
- Contact number
- Email address
- Either which veterinary school you attend and year that you are in OR the school that you attended and the year that you graduated
We will make a draw from all entries received, and inform you if you are to be involved shortly afterwards.
For full details of the event, click here
Look forward to seeing you at Congress!