Debbie Robinson believes that everyone has the potential to be amazing…and that a healthy and empowering culture can inspire people to perform at their best. Join Debbie from VetNetics, at Congress 2024, 25th – 27th January, Hilton Birmingham Metropole, where she will explain how to create a team ‘covenant’ or if you want a ‘Viking Code’ to help keep you and your practice on track and responsible for our attitudes and behaviours.
Bullying and incivility in veterinary care affects morale, retention, and ultimately patient outcomes. The problem is we don’t always know how to deal with this behaviour, especially when employees are clinically competent. Therefore, we often do what’s comfortable – we do nothing. As a result, the sector is haemorrhaging really great employees and harming the very patients it vowed to serve. We cannot afford to use silence as a strategy. We need to set behavioural expectations and hold our ourselves accountable for our conduct. The result is a shift from a disrespectful to a professional work culture. Simply, practice culture is expressed in the way that we talk to each other, the way that tasks are assigned and completed, the way that we treat each other.
Performance Coach Debbie Robinson will enable you to define your practice core values and to hold each other accountable to stick to the unanimously agreed “Rules”, whilst giving you the confidence to call each other out if not following or behaving as agreed. Within her workshop you will develop useful scripts to help deal with difficult conversations with colleagues who are being disrespectful, unprofessional and defensive.
Do join in our other interactive workshops running on Thursday and Friday:
- Thursday 25 January
- Flexible Working: Learnings from jigsaw practices – Silvia Janska, Flexee & Sarah Armstrong
- Smarter Delegation – Fiona Nichol, VetPartners
- Coaching Techniques for Higher Performing Teams – Adam Rough, GLCM
Friday 26 January
- Wellbeing Means Business – Tracey Morley Jewkes & Mark Johnston, Vets in Mind Alliance
- Equity in Action: Understanding discrimination and “difficult” employees in the Veterinary workplace – Affinity Futures Team
- Improving Productivity: Resolving your practice inefficiencies – Brian Faulkner, Colourful CPD & Richard Artingstall, Vet-CT & team members
For full programme details click here.